Sunday, January 08, 2012

TREES, TREES & MORE...

There's almost a forest growing here this week!! I had an order for a couple of pendants with the Tree of Life design, so decided to do a few more at the same time.

The first seven pendants here are all on the uncapped satin finish dichroic glass.




This isn't the clearest of pictures, it's actually taken while they were still in the kiln ~ these little guys were still pretty warm when I snapped this one. These all have a glossy finish and a channel through them so they can be beaded or wired up. School's out on what will become of these ~ I do have someone that was interested in one of them and one of them I am attempting to make a beaded necklace for.


These are all waiting patiently for someone to extract the digit, pull out the wire and pliers and get stuck into it!! That same person even bought some absolutely gorgeous beads to use with a few of these!!


My first attempt at actually stringing something on more than one strand of beading wire! It may be very simple to some, but I'm pretty proud of this!! I'm also very easily amused!! LOL.
This will be for one of the Tree of Life slide pendants above. The beaded sections will be either side of the focal and then I think I'm going to finish it off with a sterling silver chain.


And finally ~ this is as good as it's going to get for now!!
I have a usable desk again ~ YAY!!
Under the work desk ~ drawing pens and stuff in the basket, the reclaimed little set of drawers holds my pitiful collection of seed beads and satin, silk and nylon cord for braiding and crocheting.
And this drawer unit I fluked for half price, has all my "special" beads and wiring stuff.

I hope you all have a great week!!
I'm off to sit on the balcony for a bit and have a nice quiet G&T before I make dinner.....

1 comment:

Becky Anderson said...

Thanks for letting us peek at your studio!