Thursday, April 20, 2006

Week 30 - ALL IN THE DETAILS

This week I decided to try something I have been wanting to do for ages. I found a tutorial "somewhere" (& haven't been able to find it since!) on how to do a tree of life.
Well, this is my one & only effort at it! I am quite happy with how it came out, but I definately won't be in a hurry to go down that road again. When I first saw it I thought - OK, I can do that! Boy, was this fiddly!!! I have new-found respect for those that do these more often than once - & as to making a matching pair - I don't think so........lol...
The other thing I have discovered - I have a lot of trouble with asymmetrical things - I really do like pieces to balance......
I have used 18g. wire for the framework & wrapped, twisted and woven with 26g. I have used the tiniest little antique seed beads to add a bit of interest. I made the frame for this a sort of oval/rectangle just so it could be just a bit different.

No comments: