Saturday, February 05, 2011

THE WEEK THAT WAS...

Floods, fires, cyclones, terrible snowstorms overseas and this relentless heat and humidity ~ mother nature sure has been cranky!
Can we please have a week of boring and ordinary, with absolutely no dramas?? That would be very nice thank you!! Oh well, we can live in hope :^)

Not huge amounts happening here, my little studio is like an oven and it's just been too hot to do much of anything.

I have been playing around with a few different things though and I would love to hear what you think.

The next four cabs all have a shallow channel cut around the outer edges so that they can be wire wrapped. There is a great little video from Matt Nix at Create-A-Pendant.com that shows you a really cool way to do it for those that are interested. Copper wire is a nice cheap and cheerful way to start out ~ plus it actually looks great too!



These next two cabs are just me playing around again and I love how both of them have worked.
The first little guy is only 23mm x 29mm and fairly simple. It has a hidden surprise ~ when viewed from the side the little raised murrini look like little mini multi coloured mushrooms with aqua blue stems.
The next one is purely and simply art glass ~ no dichro at all. I REALLY love this one :^)


I also dusted off the glass saw for a bit of a play with some funky heart shapes in my Spicks and Specks style.


These last two are done in the style of the Batik pendants I did late last year. I'm not 100% happy with how the silver painted on. These would normally sell for about $23/$25 and if anyone would like either ~ they are $15.00 each. You can email me at silvermoonlyn @ gmail. com.


Now it's time to hit the hay ~ goodnight & have a great weekend!!!

No comments: