Monday, September 03, 2007

WEEK 35

Hey Charlie - You there??? What do you think???

This week my piece is using the Faerie Wings pendant from week 4.
A very good friend of mine wanted it made as a necklace of some description, so this is what I have come up with - I hope she likes it :^)
On black braided leather, the extended bail (I guess that's what you'd call it) is 16 gauge fine silver with balled up ends. This has been wrapped with quite a bit of 26 gauge sterling wire.
Hand coiled ends and a "S" clasp finish this off. This has been fairly heavily LOS'd to match the pendant. Some parts of the base wire have a real copper tinge which picks up the colour in the 4mm swaros pretty well. The coiling looks a bit wonky since I have spiraled around the leather - but it did start life even!! LOL...
a closer picture of the 'bail'.

No comments: