This is the piece that I did to send to my swap partner.
"Persephone" was the goddess queen of the underworld. She was also the goddess of spring growth. That's where the idea for this was born.
I've made it with pure copper wire and even though it was dead soft, it was a killer on my hands by the time it was done!! Sometimes I really doubt my sanity!! LOL.
I used somewhere in the vicinity of 11 metres of 20g wire and about 3 metres of 18g wire, and just a small amount of 14g for the hanger.
These aren't the clearest pictures in the world, but you'll get the idea :^)
**if you right click the picture and "open in new window or tab" you will get a slightly larger version.
And then on to playing with "experiments"!!
The orange and red cabs were a layering and multiple firing technique I hadn't tried before. I'm very happy with how they worked and more colour combos will follow when I get some more suitable colours in. The second picture is a very high firing technique which results in the "window" effect you see here. These are waiting to be wired up.