Saturday, June 25, 2011

SOME OF THIS WEEK'S GLASS...

A rather small offering tonight ~ we had kiln gremlins out in force this week which threw a bit of a spanner in the works!! I had the kiln on and was working on the computer with the blissful sounding hummmm, click, hummmm, click sounds going on in the background and all of a sudden there was a hummmm, click, BANG!!! It was the weirdest thing ~ three layers of glass and the middle one exploded. The top and bottom pieces didn't even move!! Lots of pieces shot out sideways at all different angles and embedded themselves in the kiln elements. Thank goodness it wasn't at a huge temperature and the glass wasn't exactly molten or even sticky. A fair bit of time later picking glass out with long tweezers, everything was back to normal. Next firing after that one and one I thought nice and easy ~ hah! Not happy Jan!! I had to refire the lot *sigh* A few other minor irritations and that was the week.
I do have some more pieces done, but they are still in the kiln at the moment and won't be out until tomorrow. I'm hoping to have pictures by tomorrow or at the latest Monday.

I got some new plain coloured glass in a couple of weeks ago and this is the first time using this glorious green as a base glass for two of these pendants. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out!!
The last two cabs are a beautiful baby blue (not as aqua as the pics) with the deeper blue being a dark navy super sparkly glass. They are rather gorgeous ~ well I think so :^)




And now I bid you good night ~ all going well I shall be back tomorrow, probably in the PM.

No comments: