Saturday, March 05, 2011

A BIT OF THIS & A BIT OF THAT....

It's been a funny old week, very hot and humid ~ not very conducive to playing with hot things like a kiln!!
I did manage to get a few things done though, so not a totally lost week :^)
I also found a little bit of time to have a bit of a play with some wire too. My fingernails are well and truly cactus!! The result of that time spent is at the end of this post.

Some of my silk'n'satin pendants ~ I haven't made any of these for a while, they were a lot of fun :^)




Two engraved, dimensional dichroic glass pendants...


Some of the "new glass" cabs and pendants.
The two pieces on the left hand side don't have dichro in them ~ the sparkly bits you can see are pure gold leaf fused between the layers of glass. It's a lot more subtle, but a very pretty effect.



And finally what I have been playing with whenever I had a chance in between doing other stuff.
This is from a tutorial by Denise Galloway ~ you can find it in her ArtFire studio. I haven't seriously played with wire for ages and I saw this and I just had to do it!!
It's a VERY big rose quartz focal bead wrapped up in antiqued copper.


Now I'm off to have a relatively early night, got lots to do tomorrow and would love to get an early start!!

No comments: