Sunday, June 17, 2007

WEEK 24

For a couple of weeks I've been having provider issues, now it looks like I'm having computer issues - GGGRRR :^(
Had a helluva time just trying to get this blasted thing started - maybe it doesn't like the cold weather much either!
The great news is a HEAP of the copper I was waiting on HAS FINALLY ARRIVED !! YAHOO!!! It took me the better part of 5 hours to get it up on my vShop, but it's done and that's the main thing :^)
OK, on to this week's piece. Seeing how I now have all these gorgeous copper beady bits at my disposal I thought I'd better make something using a few bits of 'em.
I haven't decided whether this will be 1/2 of a pair of earrings (if they are I will use niobium ear-wires), or if I will use this in a necklace somehow - the jury's still out on that one. I'm leaning towards a necklace.
As you can see, it's all copper. A chandelier finding, little daisy spacers and granulated headpins. Put together with 22 and 26 gauge wire. Throw in some Czech fire-polished beads in a beautiful teal colour, some seedies to co-ordinate and that's it.

This week has seen me playing with a bit more glass too, a repeat of something I did ages ago (my Goddess) and an experimental piece using some new glass and twisties I have. I'm really happy with how the rectangle came out - in real life it just glows and am definitely going to play some more with these colours. Not the best pictures in the world, but I'm working on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love the rectangle peice and would love to see more of those colours 'today':) ... J