Monday, May 07, 2007

WEEK 18

I'm not even vaguely near this week's theme, my muse has gone on strike!!
For this week I have chosen to simply follow a tutorial.
This is my first ever ring with a stone in it. I'm very pleased with how it worked out and will definately try this again.
I'm having a bit of trouble with sizing, but should imagine the more I do the easier it will become(?)
Well I hope so anyway!!
You can't tell from this not so brilliant picture, but this tourmalinated quartz has a beautiful sheen to it.
**amended to add : for those that have asked - the instructions for this ring can be found at the Lapidary Journal site in their "step by step" projects.



And here's another ring I had a bit of a play with.
A simple 16 gauge sterling "belly button" ring.
Also a first timer :^)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

That is a really cool ring Lynette! (the first one, well, both, but especially the first one) Do you mind sharing where you found that tutorial? Thanks and good job!

Anonymous said...

Here, Hear,! great ring. i would also love to hear where you got the tut. is it for sale?
i have always loved your work.