Friday, February 23, 2007

BEADSetc.. COMPETITION PIECE.

Here are some (not very good) photos of the piece I entered in the BEADS etc.. magazine competition late last year.
I was very fortunate to receive second place in the wire jewellery section with this entry.

The starter pack that I chose to go with had mostly purple tones of Swaros.
To this I added a ton of wire, Swaro pearls, the vitrail light square critters and drop thingies, matsuno seedies and some small freshwater pearls.

A bit of soldering, a fair few wrapped loops and a ton of wire wrapping & coiling later - this is what I ended up with.


At the back of this piece I have a hand-made toggle in a square shape to reflect the shape of the front "bits", and the dangly section is a detachable one that matches the front drop.














A slightly out of focus overall view of the necklace.









And this one is a "work in progress" picture that shows the idea behind the basic construction.

No comments: