Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Week 17 - LEAVES

The theme this week is "leaves".
Well, we've got ONE. This pendant was going to be one of many leaves - but it ended up a bit bigger than I thought it was going to be - so Leaf singular it is! My thanks go to Dawn for her piece last week, which is where the idea for this shape came from - I hope you don't mind :o)
I started with the framework in 18g. wire & bashed & beat it into submission. I must say it is a very satisfying experience! Then, as you can see I have wrapped it "Eni" style with 26g wire and 2mm sterling beads. I have added wrapped bars separated by a large link cable chain throughout the rest of the piece.
I'm still tossing up whether to oxidize or not - any thoughts? It's really still quite bright, 'tis just my crummy photography that makes it look like this.























No comments: