Thursday, December 22, 2005

week 13 - SECOND THOUGHTS

This is my contribution to the final week of the Autumn session of our 4 seasons of jewellery.
The theme this week is second thoughts. It could not be more appropriate for this necklace. This was to be my piece for the week "Complementary Colours", but I couldn't make up my mind what to do with it after I had made the pendant section. So, not just second thoughts - but probably 3rd & 4th as well!
The framework for the pendant is hammered 16 gauge sterling wire. Then it is all connected with coiled 26 gauge.The beads are also wired on with the same 26 gauge silver wire. The pendant is hanging from a triple strand, simply strung necklace.
I have used Unakite beads in 3 different sizes, freshwater pearls, pink swarovsky crystals and peridot - beads & gemchips.
If I can manage to get a better picture in the new year - I will replace this one - it's pretty awful!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments: