Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Entry for November 17, 2005 - Autumn wings












Well, this week nearly didn't happen!
We had a visitor come to stay for a week, so I never got a chance to do much of anything creative. I've had the best time though - zooming around the coast on the back of a Harley - sunburnt nose, sandblasted face, sore bum. I'm definately too old to be doin' stuff like that but OMG - what fun! I almost felt like I was a teenager again! (don't look like one - but that's beside the point!)
Then, to top it all off - the computer crashed - which is why this is late. For someone that was very slow to embrace the NEW technology - I felt like both my arms had been cut off! Major withdrawal symptoms!
Anyway, I finally managed to get some work done. I'm quite pleased with how it all came together.
I cut and solderered the frame work for my butterfly from 16 gauge silver wire - It's a huge buzz when it all goes to plan and all your joins actually work!! After a few false starts I managed to wrap it with 26g fine silver(all I had), bronzey colored seed beads and carnelians in three different shapes. I quite like the way this technique comes together and have lots of ideas for more similar things. "he who must be obeyed" says it looks like an alien face! If he keeps comments like that one coming he may not make it to his next birthday!

No comments: