Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Entry for November 08, 2005 - Family

Ok here we go once more. This week the theme is family - when I first found out , I had a bit of a panic attack - what in the ....can I do. Then I had a sort of brainwave. In my immediate family my mum, my two sisters and myself are all Cancerians ( makes for a happy household that one!) And lo and behold what star sign is the relatively new grand daughter? You guessed it - another Cancer baby!
So that takes care of that - here is what I came up with and why.
First of all - the moon is our ruling planet - OK, we have a soldered frame work of a new moon.
Second - silver is the metal attributed to this starsign - easy!
The birthstones for Cancer are pearl, moonstone and ruby. I absolutely adore rubies - but they are kind of out of the question - but I love moonstones & pearls. So that is what I have used here.
Of all the pieces I have made this year - I think this one is a keeper! I love the way it looks and feels when it is on. It's a bit special!
It was an absolute mongrel of a thing to make though - I have not done this type of work before and I had a few dramas along the way. But in the end I think it was worth it.

No comments: